Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tiny Update...

I havent had my camera in my hands as much as I usually do this month! I cant believe how few new photos I have to share with you all!
Heres your update first... We have had some crazy weather here lately! We had high (like 75mph) winds for an entire week straight this month. Its finally calmed down and now we have a few feet of fresh new snow.. FINALLY! This is the first time since Thanksgiving that it has fallen.
Erics been super busy at work. Hes had many many late nights and was lucky enough to go in on a few of his days off too - HOOAH! :( His soldiers keep getting into trouble, but he has told me that this is normal behavior right before a deployment. Currently, he is outside on the roof (again) fixing a few more broken shingles from the crazy wind we had. We are excited that he has the first two weeks of February OFF of work!! Its a time to catch up on home things, but also just hang out as a family.
Z and I have been busy with our normal activities. We started a Walk and Roll group with our MatSu Moms and push our kids in their strollers on an indoor track. On our first walk, we went almost 4 miles! Im ready to go again! Im the contact for the activity every other Thursday and another mom is doing the opposite week Wednesdays. We will have to miss those ones though because Zoeys library story time is starting back up again in Feb. Ive met the new teacher - she is a sweetie! She has a new baby who I have all ready babysat for once too. Today, we had coffee with our mom friends in Palmer. Monday we are all going swimming! We also signed up for a Secret Sister (well, I did) in our group, so we will be doing special secret things for another mom for a few months and someone will be doing them for me too! The group is growing and changing into something even more special than it was last year! Its exciting!
Renee and Mike (Erics mom and step-dad) will be here in a week!! We are looking forward to some time with them. We dont have too much planned really. We are taking them to a fancy dinner their last night here. It will be a late anniversary dinner for us as well. We LOVE Evangelos in Wasilla! Yummy!
We have our first new baby appointment on February 3rd at 10am. We are taking Nana and Papa too!! We should be able to hear babys heart and hopefully see him/her for the first time too! Dont worry, Ill update asap after that!
Back to my moms group one more time..
We were given a super special gift from one of the moms! I am not being told who it was, but thats okay. Anyway, one of the moms in the group is a photographer and is offering a special session called Until We Meet Again. She will be taking special photos for families of deploying soldiers so they have a nice picture memory to take with them. Well, someone in my group purchased a session for Eric, Z and I. When I found out, I cried. We are having them done in a couple weeks. I tell you, this is a very amazing group of women!
We have set a date for Zoeys early birthday party. It will be Feb 26th. I have invited local friends of hers and also our church family to attend, eat and spend some quality time with Eric before he leaves as well. Its more of a birthday/bbq (like we had in Mi last year) for both of them. Its going to have a theme, which Im not sharing right now :) You will have to wait for the photos! I am all ready into my planning and going to order things soon. I have rented a room at the Multi Sports Complex here in town so that we have more space and less cleanup! It was cheap!
Okay, on to the photos since I know you all have been waiting! I promise I will get more soon! We have lots going on over the next month, so I wont even have the chance to disappoint ya's! There will be tons of photo-ops!
Holy Static Batman!

Wearing Daddys winter Army hat.


She loves building towers with her blocks! She did this all by herself!

Pretty curls :)
More soon! We love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment